Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our New Little Addition

Sunday, March 10-

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet, as it has been the most exciting thing going on at the Guymon home and my mind hasn't stopped thinking about it for the past 3 1/2 months.  I blogged on my personal blog about it before we told everyone and so I'll share some parts of those posts.

I'll let you know most of this is for journal purposes, it might not be interesting to read through, but I consider my blog a journal of my lives' events :)

November 26, 2012-Found out we were pregnant
"Well today was the big day! The day we have been waiting for. It seems so unreal to me right now, but I'm sure that it will hit sometime soon."
"It is such a sureal feeling, and I instantly feel a connection with our precious angel and am starting to feel my nuturing and motherly self come out. This is so EXCITING!!! I can't wait to welcome our baby into the world! This is going to be the start of a new phase in life and I've been waiting for this privilage and thank Heavenly Father for blessing us with this baby. "

December 7, 2012
"Shannon sent me the cutest pictures of Mckenna today in the mail. I just love her and want to squeeze her and kiss her. I think about what you might look like and how much I will adore you."

December 19, 2012-Ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks
"He was doing the ultrasound and was talking to me a lot of my job, my husband, why I moved here, etc......it was making me nervous because I thought, "why don't you tell me what you see, or if you see anything?!?!?" When he was done with the ultrasound he still hadn't said anything about the baby. Finally I asked, "So by 7 weeks shouldn't you be able to see the baby's heartbeat". He answered "Yes, and he said he had seen it." OH MY GOODNESS, what a RELIEF. I really wish he would have said something sooner. I was kind of stressing the whole time. Next, he did a tranvaginal ultrasound (I was so glad that my doctor had ordered both). He was looking at the screen and said, "Let's make sure there aren't two in there," (Another relief, there was atleast one baby in there) and then he asked me if twins ran in either of our families. I told them they didn't. Finally he turned the screen towards me and was showing me the baby. I honestly couldn't even believe it. It was so surreal. I just couldn't believe that this was actually happening. That I actually have a child growing inside me and that it is mine and Trav's baby. We are parents!!! I still don't think it has totally hit me. It makes me so excited and I have been tearing up when I think about it. I am just so happy. I am just overjoyed and honestly this is the best Christmas gift ever!! This was all I needed to see and know that our baby is healthy and growing.

The ultrasound tech showed me the heart and then he turned on the volume so I could hear it. It was so neat and confirmed to me that everything was going well. It really is an absolute miracle that a baby can form properly and the organs start working right away. I was really really wishing that Travis was there to experience this with me. I was so glad when the tech reassurred me that he would send me home with several pictures. I text Trav once I was done and told him, "I'm done good news they say everything looks good and healthy thus far. I've got pics to show you :) wish you could have come." Then I called him right away because I was so excited and wanted to fill him in on everything that they told me.

I am absolutely in love with our little baby. I feel so privilaged that Heavenly Father has entrusted me and Travis with one of his special spirits to take care of and raise in righteousness. There is a lot to plan for and a lot to do before this little one comes in August, but I am just so JOYFUL and HAPPY! I felt like I was beaming walking around after seeing our child and being reassured that everything is developing correctly."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Today was finally the doctor's appt we have been waiting for. I have been anxious about this appointment since the day it go booked. I really thought it would never come. I was nervous and excited and just flat out wanted to know that everything was going well with our baby. Well they took me back, weighed me, took my blood pressure (which was of course high because I was nervous), and then we waited in the room to meet the doctor. I had done some research on OBGYN's and I decided on Dr. Wiseman. He is a little older, he is an MD, and he is the Chief Medical Officer at Kaweah Delta Hospital. I had looked up reviews for him online and everyone had a lot of good things to say. I think I made a good choice. He was really friendly, wanted to get to know us, took time to answer all of our questions in detail, and explained the ultrasound in detail.

I was so glad Travis was able to come with me. To get great news or get not so great news, at least I would have his support.[I didn't have very good reason to worry, but I was worrying all the time :)] Well he began the ultrasound and Travis was like, "I can see the heartbeat". Best words ever. I could see the baby and heart was beating. What a relief. I was so so happy. I loved watching our little one move around. We could see the legs, arms, head, and body. The doctor said the baby was really moving around and putting on a show, then he said "now he is just showing off." The baby was moving so much. it was so special and cool to see. We got several pictures. He told us that the baby was measuring 12 weeks old, but he gave us a due date of August 2, 2013. We cannot be more excited.

We couldn't wait to finally share the news with our parents. We surprised all of them!!! They didn't have any idea. The best reaction we got was from Shane. He just rubbed his head and didn't really believe what was happening. Their reactions were priceless. They were all so excited and we all couldn't stop smiling. It was so nice to finally tell people about it. It has been so challenging just holding it all in and only being able to talk to Travis about it. They all couldn't believe we waited that long to tell them, but Travis and I know that it was best. Travis' dad definitely caught on first with us having blue and pink shirts on. My mom caught on first when she saw oven on on my shirt.

Can I just say I am so grateful today. My heart is so full of happiness, joy, and gratitude. I can't believe that such a miracle can happen. That things can development correctly and work all together. I'm so in love with this baby already and I think it is finally starting to sink in that I am going to be a mom. What a privilege this is to be a mom. I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. The next ultrasound won't be for another 6 weeks, but until then, I'll just enjoy knowing that things are going good. I am so SUPER SUPER happy tonight.

P.S. The only people we have told are Marian, Ray, Sheri, Reed, and Shane. We will tell everyone else on Thursday. Shane gets his mission call tomorrow and we don't want to take away from his special day tomorrow. I can't wait to tell everyone else.


Thursday, January 17- We  told the rest of our families. We sent this picture out to all of them through text. We are so grateful for the awesome family we have that support us.

Monday, February 4- We shared the picture on Facebook and said, "The news is out! Baby Guymon is on the way! — with Travis Guymon. "

A little on my pregnancy......
16 Weeks

18 Weeks
 
19 Weeks
 
I felt pretty nauseous and extremely tired from weeks 6-11. I never threw-up, but nothing sounded very good to eat and the worst part was probably having to act like I felt great because no one knew I was pregnant. My co-workers are used to a willing, upbeat, and smiling Michelle, so that is what I put on even though I felt like crap. I was so glad when I started to feel more like myself again as I moved into the second trimester. Lately, I have been having some heartburn in the day, mostly before I got to bed. I am still more tired than I usually am and I'm starting to show. It seems though that all of my symptoms are pretty common.

This Tuesday is a big day for us.....we find out if it's a boy or a girl!?!?! Then let the shopping begin. I am learning so much about pregnancy since this is my first and I don't know a whole lot about everything that happens. I will be going in for an anatomy scan on Tuesday, which to the parents we get excited about because we find out if it's a boy or a girl. Well it means a whole lot more than just that. They check all the developing of organs and everything with the baby. It makes me a little nervous, but we have been anticipating this for awhile now and I'm hoping everything will go smoothly as it has this far.

Trav and I are so excited and anxious to be parents. I can't say how much I feel it is important that you wait until both of you are ready and prepared. Trav and I waited until we both felt good about having children, and this has made it so enjoyable and joyous for both of us. I been feeling "flutters" over the past week, but I wasn't totally convinced it was the baby. Last night at the movies, I'm pretty dang sure I felt the baby. Such an awesome feeling!! I can't wait to feel more of it and even more strongly. So grateful to my Heavenly Father for this blessing that will forever be in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for babies! I am so excited for you! I know I always say this....but now you need to move home :) We need to do park play dates!

    ReplyDelete