Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Love Day!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013
 
Happy Valentine's Day!!
 
I love Valentine's Day....it just gives us an opportunity to express love to our loved ones. Trav had asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day. I honestly couldn't think of anything that I really wanted or needed. He completely surprised me with these beautiful aquamarine stone earrings. I absolutely love them!! As I was in a mad dash to finish up his Valentine's gift before he got home from work on Valentine's Day I was thinking....I should have told him I would like some nice jewelery. Well sure enough he thought of that himself, which even made it mean so much more. He had paid attention to the times I had mentioned that I would love to have diamond earrings, but I would worry way to much about losing them. So these were absolutely perfect and I love them! I've got the perfect valentine.
I thought a lot about valentine's this year. I wanted to do something special and memorable for Trav. I wanted him to really know how much I love and appreciate everything he does for me. Needless to say, I took on a larger project then I really had time fore before Valentine's Day, but I think it got the message across. I got 20 balloons as I wanted to do the 20 reasons why I love you. I wrote each thing I loved about trav on a thick paper heart. My plan was to tape each heart on a balloon. I forgot to think about and found out real fast that the hearts would pull the balloon down so I was on to plan B. I ended up scattering the hearts across the table and had a ton of balloons. :)
 
The next thing I did was to go through all the emails that I wrote him while we were dating and pull out quotes that went along with this 20 reasons I love him. While we dated we lived 2 1/2 hours apart and only saw each other on the weekend, so needless to say we sent sweet and cute emails to each other often. I had a ton of good material. I typed up a little paper for each of the 20 reasons that included the date of the email and the direct quotes from our dating emails. Then I wrote a paragraph about how I feel today regarding that reason I loved him and how I still feel the same or more strongly than I did when we dated. It was TONS of fun to put together because I loved reading all the emails.

I bought one of those huge cards and then created these little envelopes to hold all the cute love notes. I thought it turned out really cute and even though Travis isn't much of a mushy person, I think it made him feel special. 

I also threw in a new golf glove and golf towel that I knew he would for sure like.
 
We had dinner together at Chili's and just enjoyed talking together. I still can't get over how nice it is to have Trav be done with school. I am grateful everyday for the time we get to spend together and that season of school is over. We have really grown so close together here in California with no family near. We have each other we can always count on. We really are best friends and I love that.


No comments:

Post a Comment