Tuesday, March 1
My group at work shares a suite at the Rio Tinto Stadium. Trav and I were lucky enough to get invited to go to one of the games. We have never been, but we were excited to see how a soccer game was. The game started at 8. We got a parking pass along with the tickets so we could park right by the stadium, which was so nice. When we got to the suite, dinner was provided, along with popcorn and dessert. We got ourselves some food and sat down outside to watch the game. Our team is actually pretty good. They won 4 to 1. There were fans at the end of the stadium pounding drums the entire time. When they would score, everyone would go NUTS! The announcer would say GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALL and hold it out for longer than I think most people have breath to do. Everyone would jump and people were waving flags and the really huge flags were throwing confetti in the air. It was quite exciting to see how excited ReAL fans can get.
It turned out be quite exciting. I don't know that I would be willing to pay to go to a soccer game because I don't completely understand how it works or the rules, but it was sure nice of my boss to let me and Trav go. We definitely appreciated it!
Attendees: Malerie (in my group), Katie (in LAG, but she just got promoted and is moving to Minneapolis), her fiance and cousin, and Malerie's friend Shar. It was fun to chat with all of them at the game.

Real games are so fun! I am glad you enjoyed it! We love going!
ReplyDelete