Celebrated Saturday, October 30th
So we decided that this year we didn't want to pick our pumpkins out at Wal-mart or any other store. So we went to the pumpkin patch....just me and Trav. We may have been a little out of place considering everyone had atleast one child there, but we enjoyed finding our perfect pumpkin to carve. We took them over to my families get together where we all cutted our pumpkins and carved them. I do have to mention though that we had potato broccoli soup in pumpkin looking soup bowls and yummy homemade breadsticks before the carving began. Very festive (hopefully pics to come later). We carved pumpkins a few days before Halloween.
I bet you can't guess which one was mine?
On Halloween Day, we had no plans, so we decided to head down to the spend some time with our nephews. We let them pick out the design they wanted on their pumpkin and helped them carve them. I thought they turned out really great. After we got their hands cleaned up from the pumpkin goo, they got on their costumes. Keith and Colin were ninjas and Camden was Darth Vader. The picture shown obove is them sitting on stools letting their face paint and black hair dry. :)Next, we were on our way to their ward Trunk-or-Treat in the rain, so it ended up being inside. It was crazy how many people showed up. The whole church was full of anxious trick-or-treaters! Trav and I decided that we would sit and pass out the candy while Jaime took her boys around. We saw a lot of cute kids in costumes. After the boys had their bags full of candy, they participated in the cupcake walk and the haunted house, put on by the YM/YW.
Owl-Keith, Cat in Witch Boot-Colin, Traditional jack-o-latern-Camden (compliments of Keith).
We brought them some balloons to decorate and for them to play with. They definitely know how to strike a pose for a picture.
After the trunk-or-treat we headed back to our house. Considering the fact that we live in a basement of house, we figured that we wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters. Well we put our 2 pumkins outside and lit them and turned on the light by our door, in hopes that someone would come. Well we ended up getting about 20 trick-or-treaters!!! I was so happy when I heard the little knocks on the door. Granted it only ended up being 2 groups of kids, but I was more than happy to give them candy! Halloween can't be found on my list of favorite holidays, but we defnitely had a great time!!!
You and Travis are a great aunt & uncle!!
ReplyDelete