Monday, November 22, 2010

Sunday Drive

 A Sunday in October
I kept telling Trav that I wanted to go for a drive and see the Fall leaves.  I would always says it after we were both home from work and it was too dark.  So on Sunday he said let's go for a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  So we did.  As we were driving and stopping to take pictures, I was shocked by how many other people had the same idea.  The whole canyon was full of "fall sightseers". Usually we get to see the fall leaves as we drive through Spanish Fork Canyon to visit his family, but this year he was the only one that had gone through the canyon during Fall to go hunting with his dad.  So I was super, super excited to go for a little drive.  I sometimes complain at all the seasons that we have in Utah, but I love Fall.  I love all the different shades of orange, red, yellow, and green!!! It was just gorgoues and I'm so grateful for this beautiful world that Heavenly Father created for us to enjoy.

The picture above is the first picture we took as we started up the canyon.  I was so excited to see the bright red tree and the fall colors that I took a picture immediatly, worrying that it would be the only bit of color we would see, but I was definitely wrong. 



My shirt with palm trees does not match the fall weather, but ya know, it was a Sunday.



I would have never guessed that I would take a piture of green evergreens and yellow tress, but I found the golden color mixed in with the dark green was so pretty.  It expanded over a vast part of the mountain.


This last one is probably my favorite!!!  I'm so glad we took an hour out of our day to view the simple beauties of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment