Sunday, November 18, 2012

New Calling

A new change of pace on Sunday

I was just starting to get more comfortable teaching the "Teaching for Our Times" lessons in Relief Society. They focus on talks from the Apostles and Prophets General Conference Talks. I have grown such a strong testimony of God's special witnesses here on Earth and I soak up their teachings. I have been teaching for just over a year and I just got released.  I'm really going to miss Relief Society.I got called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Primary. It is definitely a change from teaching women to teaching children. The biggest adjustment is to figure out what keeps the attention of junior primary vs. senior primary. I did my first sharing time today on the Articles of Faith. The children surprise me with their knowledge.  Here's to a new adventure at church and I sure hope it goes well.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be great!! But we'll really miss your lessons on 4th Sundays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching the kids is a LOT different from adults. But you can do it! Teaching children is the most rewarding experience. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete