Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holidays Flying By

 
Let me just make it clear that all holidays are more fun with children. They just get excited about every little thing, which is so cute!
 
I told Trav that I really wanted to carve pumpkins this year because last we we waited until the night of Halloween to look for pumpkins and couldn't find any. This year we thought we would head to the local pumpkin patch and pick out the ones we wanted. It was the weekend before Halloween, so needless to say the patch was pretty well picked over, but we were still able to find us some good ones that had one good side, stood up, and still had the stem. :) We had a great time carving them together. Travis is Frankenstein and mine is the "Wicked" one. While carving Trav asked jokily, "Are we too old to carve pumpkins." I happily responded, "We're never too old to carve pumpkins." I thought they both turned out great and they kept treat-or-treaters coming on Halloween Night.

On Halloween, since Trav had to work until 7, I went to the ward Halloween party with our friends The Deans. I loved seeing all the kids costumes and talking with friends. The kids went around and did the trunk-or-treat. Then we went back to the Deans house to hang out, Trav joined up with us, we ordered a pizza for dinner, and played Hearts. This was all in between playing with cute Lily and answering the door for treat-or-treaters, and holding Bella (their dog) back to not scare the kids with her bark. There were actually a few groups that came by with quite a few kids. I was glad that it was worth buying some candy.  I always like to be the house with "the lights on" :)
 
 

 
Up next is Thanksgiving! This is the finished project of the owls I did with my mom and sisters while in Utah. I think it is so festive and I added some garland and leaves or sorts from Hobby Lobby. I actually put this up before Halloween. Trav inquired, "Isn't it a little early to be putting up Thanksgiving decorations when we haven't had Halloween?" I answered, "They are just owls dressed up in their Halloween costumes." He had no response and we laughed. Looking forward to whatever we plan for Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment