7/7/2012-Kings Canyon National Park
It has been pretty hot here in Visalia and so we decided to take a short day trip to Kings Canyon. We looked to the travel app on Trav's phone to find the best driving route to get there. We took the shortest route and needless to say I was pretty motion sick by the time we made it. It was an hour and 1/2 of back and forth and back and forth. We talked to people since and they say that is the windiest road, but the most scenic. It was really pretty, but I don't know how much I was able to enjoy the scenery because the road just made me so sick. When we got there it was the perfect temperature and the air was so clean. I love breathing in fresh forest air. On our drive we saw the sign that said Centerville 33 miles. I really wish that was the case :)
This tree had tipped over long ago. It had been hollowed up by what they believe to be a fire before it fell. The sequoia tree is so huge that you could walk through it.
This is Trav with General Grant. The second largest sequoia tree. These pictures don't do these trees justice.
This was the other side of the fallen tree. Back in the 1800's, this tree was used as a shelter and camp where settlers would come and stay. They would also use it for a stall and tie up their horses.
We were glad we took 5 mins to pull over and see this lookout. God's creations are just breathtaking!!
On our way home, we decided to stop by The Old Spaghetti Factory in Fresno. It was delicious!! I love the weekends when Trav is not working. It's so fun to hang out. We had a great time enjoying the nature and beauty that is so close to us. I also love our car rides. We always have fun jamming to the music and we had some good laughs while listening to Car Talk. We don't mind taking long drives, as long as we're together. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment