July 4, 2012
Trav was scheduled to work for the fourth of July and so I decided that I may as work too. So we both worked during the day while many of the festivities were happening, but we did manage to make it to the firework show in Exeter (a little town, population ~10,000, same city I work in). I wasn't going in with high expectations, but they had music playing and the firework show as actually really good. We also ate at a cute little restaurant called East Meets West.
We laid out our blanket and sat in the field very close to where the fireworks were being lit. We could see them take off from the ground, so the fireworks were so close that they seemed a lot bigger. They were HUGE!
This was the best picture I got. None of them turned out that great.
Most of our friends here have family that live near and they were doing all the family get together, so we came home and did a little firework show of our own. Because the 4th of July landed on a Wednesday, we only got through about 1/2 of our fireworks before I decided I didn't want all the neighbors hating us. :) So we stopped.
Next, we went inside and watched the firework show in NYC that we had DVR'd. I love listening to patriot music with the fireworks synced to it. I feel so lucky to live in America. It was especially cool to watch the fireworks over the Hudson River on TV this year because Trav's little brother, Mark, is serving his mission in New Jersey and right now he is in the area of Hoboken. Yes, that is where Carlos Bakery (Cake Boss) is. He got to watch the live show of 40,000 fireworks go off in a high rise right next to the Hudson. Can you tell I'm jealous?! Our night was filled with fireworks and I was okay with that because I love them! Even though it was just of the two of us, we still had a lot of fun together. I am glad to know that even though we don't have our families to celebrate with, I have my hubby and we always have a fun, laugh-filled time.
No comments:
Post a Comment