We visited the Sequoia National Park for the first time and it is only about 45 mins from our house, which is such a treat. We only were able to spend a day there thus far, but it was WELL WORTH OUR TIME!!! I loved every minute. I was in such awe of these HUGE Trees. They are not as tall as the Redwood, but they are move massive as far as volume.
We had a nice picnic in the park.
We could not capture the massiveness of these trees, but in the picture you can compare the trunk to the surrounding pines.
This tree is call the General Sherman. It is the largest Sequoia Tree as far as mass is concerned. If the picture above I want you to note the people that are at the base and we only have 1/2 the tree in the picture. It is just insane!
It is so crazy as you are driving around in what seems to look like any other mountain road through normal size trees and then all of a sudden you hit the sequoia trees and you just can't even believe it. They are everywhere.
After our trip to visit General Sherman, we hiked up Moro Rock pictured above. You hike the back side of it.
This is one angle of the view from the top.
These are stairs carved out of the rock.
We were excited to drive through a fallen sequoia.
Normally when you see this sign, you don't actually expect to see a bear. We couldn't have been more wrong. We actually saw a momma and her 2 cubs. On top of that we saw 2 other bears. In 1 day at the Sequoias I saw more bears that I have seen in all the times I've been to Yellowstone. Who would've known!
The bears were so cute and so close to us. They didn't even care that everyone was staring at them and taking pictures. This was a highlight!
We got a lot closer than this, but I wanted to be in a picture with the bears.
The base of a tree. As we read the information about this tree, it was on the Earth when Christ was. I thought that was a pretty neat thing.
I wonder how long it took for this sequoia to grow ever this rock.
Cars used to be able to drive up on to this huge tree trunk. I wish we could have, but it is no longer safe.
This National Park is a must see! I am so happy we are close to the mountains and close to the beach. We really are in the center of California, which isn't a bad place to be. We also loved having my parents come out to visit and get to see where we live and spend time together. We were very happy to have them as visitors.
Hey! So, I'm sorry I've been terrible at commenting lately...I keep checking your blog and love seeing what you guys are up to! For collages, I use picasa. It's a free program that you can download (made by google) and it is SUPER easy to use. The only thing you have to remember is that you have to create an album before you can create a collage. So I usually create an album, drag the pictures I want for the collage into it, and then create the collage. It's really simple. Try it out! Let me know if you have any questions about it!
ReplyDelete