Thursday, October 6, 2011

Working in the Lord's Vineyard

The first week of September Trav and I went up to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (I listened to General Conference :)) Vineyard in Madera, which is about an hour away from us. We picked grapes and laid that out to dry for two weeks, so that they would become raisins. Then we went back up on Saturday morning to roll the grapes into a "burrito" style roll, so that they could easily be picked up and thrown into a truck to go to be packaged. We were blessed with cloud cover for 1/2 the time we were there because it was a really hot day. Unfortunatly we didn't have the greatest turn out. There were about 10 adults and 5 kids/teenagers to do 4 rows. I was pretty proud of myself that I was the only woman in the ward to show up and help. I definitely appreciate the opportunity to serve and it is fun to see how you harvest grapes and make raisins. I'm glad Trav had his phone with him so we could get a couple of pictures.
I'm working on getting the raisins in the middle to roll them up. (Don't mind my no make-up face. I thought....why bother when you come home with dirt all over your face.) 

1 comment:

  1. Way to serve, Michelle!! It looks beautiful there. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete