Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tidwell Time--Last May


May 10-19-Trip to Utah

**Warning Picture Overload**
I'm slightly late posting this....but I had started it months ago so I thought I would finish it.
 
Last time we took our trip to Utah in October 2012, we were 1 minute late to check our bags onto the plane and so we had to fly out 6 hours later. I was totally bummed and upset. So this time we decided to stay the night in Fresno so we could more easily catch our flight that left at 6:30 AM. We made it on time :) which we were all happy about. 

When we arrived, I was so excited to see Mckenna!! The last time I saw her she was 6 weeks old and now she is 7 1/2 months old and she started to crawl while we were there. I played with her all day Friday and hung out with my mom. Trav, Shane, Josh and my dad went golfing at ???

You can see who is the star of the show in the family ;) We all can't get enough of her. What a DOLL!!


Travis text me while they were golfing and said, "Couldn't have picked a better day [for golfing]."

 On Saturday, we got up early and got all fixed up for family pictures. I'll have to post the pictures when I get them, but luckily we got some good ones. We then headed to the Bountiful Temple to do sealings. It was a very spiritual and uplifting experience to have my parents and all of my siblings and spouses in the temple together. What a neat opportunity that I am so grateful for. That night we had a great time mini golfing at Cherry Hill. I think Travis won.....as always.

My brother, Shane, got called to serve in the Rapid City, South Dakota Mission. He gave a wonderful talk at his farewell and is so ready to go and serve the Lord. He is bummed he is going to be gone when Nixon is born, but we'll be sure to send him lots of pictures. It was so good to see a lot of our extended family that we have hardly seen since we moved to California at his farewell.
 
My mom, aunt, and Grandma Ford threw me a darling sailor themed shower. Nixon got spoiled with tons of gifts. The food was delicious, but my favorite part was spending time with family.

 
My long time friends and their moms got together at Kneaders in Bountiful to celebrate Nixon's soon arrival as well.
From Left-Right
Sheri, Michelle, Lara Barenz, Peggy (Lara's Mom), Caitlyn Cottrell (who is also expecting), Tara (who is also expecting), Shauna (Tara's mom), Burgundy Heiner, and Tami (Burgundy's mom).

Every time we get together, it is as if we never have been apart. I am the only one that lives out of state, so they rest of the girls get together often, but I'm so glad they make the time to hang out when I'm in town. Nothing beats girl's time out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment