Monday, July 5, 2010

Manti Pageant

This year we decided to go to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti.  We went on Friday, June 25, 2010.  We drove down after I got off work and stopped at the Malt Shop on the way into town where we ate cheeseburgers, fries, and shared a delicious oreo shake. 

We arrived in our seats about 45 mins to show time.  There are a total of 14,000 seats set up and I bet there were about 14,000 people there.  I have seen the pageant before, but it is funny how it seemed like a whole new production to me.  It was so good!  I just loved it!  It goes through the story of Joseph Smith and him going to the Sacred Grove, and then receiving the gold plates and he begins to translate them.  This is when the play shifts to Book of Mormon stories, and then they shift back out to when Joseph Smith gets martyred.  Then they walk through Brigham Young becoming the 2nd President of the Church and the Mormon pioneers crossing the plains.  It ends with a husband dying on the plains and reunited with his wife in heaven.  They light up the temple and have angels singing on the right side of it.  It was so spiritual and I loved how much I learned and how my testimony was strengthened.  I recommend to go when they get a chance because it is free and I couldn't have spent my weekend doing anything better.

After the pageant, we drove over the mountain to Huntington to visit Trav's family.  Trav and his younger brother, Mark, played in a golf tournament and their team took 2nd place.  I spent a lot of time chatting with Marian and helping her with dinner.  We ended the night playing Apples to Apples with Adam, Heidi, Ashley, and Austin, and it was full of fun and tons of laughs.  Overall, our visit was too short, but we always enjoy spending the weekend with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment