So I explained in an earlier blog that I started my administrative assistant job at the beginning of March. So this Thursday, April 21, I was just doing my thing, and my manager stopped by and asked me to schedule a team meeting at 2:30. He didn't tell me why. So I did. Up until 2:30, I was wondering what this meeting was about and I was a little nervous that it was not going be good news. So I got my pad of paper and a pen to take notes. Well when I got in there everyone was acting like they didn't know what the meeting was about. Then Shaun, my manager, came in with these orchids, a cake, a card from everyone, and a gift card to Market Street Grill. He said that today was administrative assistant appreciation day and that they wanted to thank me for all I did. I thought to myself, "Well all I do is ask questions because I am still learning." It was such a suprise and everyone laughed that I had brought my pen and pad of paper and I was ready for a hardcore meeting. I was blushing, from the unexpected spotlight, the whole time. We all enjoyed the cake. I just want to say that I work with awesome people and I'm just loving my new job! Thanks Team for making me feel special!
Aren't they beautiful! I love having them bring freshness and color to my office.
Lol! I love that you brought a pen and paper. I would be doing the exact same thing! That's awesome that they had an appreciation day just for you! The flowers are soo pretty!
ReplyDelete